Brandhall Bees win the Mytime Birmingham Seniors Trophy for the second year in a row on Wednesday 6 June 2018 at Boldmere Golf Course
Below: Boldmere Shaggy Dogs Chairman Arnie Evans presents the Trophy to Brandhall Bees non playing Captain Bernie Edwards
1st Brandhall Bees 285
2nd Boldmere Shaggy Dogs 274
3rd Pype Hayes Shaggy Dogs 271
4th Rose Hill 55's 267
5th Hatchford Brook Eggs 248
6th Hilltop Hillbillies 248
7th Cocks Moors Woods Roosters 246
2018 competition agreed rules
1. The Mytime Birmingham Seniors competition will take place at Boldmere golf club on Wednesday 6 June 2018 with the first tee time at 08:30.
2. Golfers will be in groups of three, all will start at the first hole. Players at the top of each club's entry sheet will have earlier starting times than those towards the bottom. Wherever possible, golfers from nearby clubs will play earlier than those from more distant clubs.
3. The competition will take place on the measured white tee course and will be a qualifying competition for Central Database Handicapping purposes. Results will either be entered directly into the CDH or returned for home clubs to do so.
4. The winning team will be presented with 10 trophies or plaques engraved MYTIME BIRMINGHAM SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER 2018, The best stableford score and runner up will also receive a trophy or plaque titled as above plus STABLEFORD WINNER or STABLEFORD RUNNER UP. There will be nearest the pin prizes on the par three 5th, 7th, 12th and 18th holes, nearest the pin in two on the par four 16th and a nearest the centre line prize on the par five 4th hole. In the event of more than one golfer landing on the centre line, the longest of those drives will win.
5. The team competition will be the aggregate best 8 scores from 10. In the event of a tie for the team competition, the best 7, 6, 5 etc. scores will be taken to decide places. In the event of a tie for the individual prizes, back 9, back 6, back 3 back 1 and coin toss.
6. Minimum age for the competition will be 60 years old on the date of the competition, maximum handicap allowed will be 24 (Higher handicappers may participate but will be limited to a handicap of 24).
7. Distance measuring devices will be allowed.
8. Green fees will be nil for any Mytime card holder, £10 for others.
9. No buggies are available for hire at Boldmere Golf Course.
10. Catering will consist of hot drink and biscuits on arrival and a hog roast meal after the round. Please mark clearly on the entry form if a vegetarian or any special dietary requirement is required for any golfer.
11. All entry forms to be returned by Friday 4th of May together with the team entry fee. An information pack with individual starting times will be emailed to each club shortly after this date.
12. The small car park at Boldmere may get congested. You are asked wherever possible to encourage participants to share cars.
13. Cocks Moors Woods to host the 2019 Mytime Birmingham Championship